Everything going on in and around UK higher education digested, analysed and explained by our team of wonks – direct to your inbox.
eight category mistakes
Mark Leach, Richard Brabner and Eric Stoller talk free speech at universities, UCAS data and review the first weeks of the new universities minister.
Jim Dickinson traces the history of the free speech debate in universities, and suggests a fresh frame for the sector to organise its thinking around.
Wonkhe’s David Kernohan uses data visualisations to take a peek under the hood of the UCAS cycle, and how institutions will be using data to make strategic decisions.
Mega big home option
Team Wonkhe has looked at the evidence of some of the most commonly cited examples of “no platform” at UK universities.
Wonkhe Team Blog
- The site is down temporarily while we launch a bigger, better, fresher version - Wonkhe 4.0. Standby. https://t.co/Apoy4kvaSP
- From last week: The terms of the post-18 education and funding review, digested https://t.co/5qchYNs25L https://t.co/6dk49tt8Fx
- From last week: The UCAS Tariff, explained. https://t.co/SYpFn2rVlH https://t.co/j6oVzgTy9R
- From last week: The new Welsh student support package https://t.co/vGG4EsL7Mn https://t.co/FYIVQ809Gy
- Jobs for Wonks: Academic Registrar, @PlymUni https://t.co/6aK8ql0Tl6
- Jobs for Wonks: Accreditations Manager at @ManMetUni https://t.co/2HXFkqca4D
- From last week: The politics of the review - "It would be a massive missed opportunity if the review went through t… https://t.co/4UfnWwpusc
- RT @LouisMMCoiffait: Today's the deadline for the @GdnHigherEd Guardian University Awards 2018 https://t.co/rqzUzsEasK
- Jobs for Wonks: Communications and Engagement Manager at @RoyceInstitute https://t.co/lo0nf7286d
- Would a shift from bonds to growth assets keep the USS afloat? Michael Otsuka writing last year on wonkhe.… https://t.co/V7D79SWUVp
- RT @AndyYouell: Excellent piece from Peter Lauener on @Wonkhe today about the SLC I never fail to be amazed at the complexity of what the…
- RT @it_se: My piece on Wonkhe on how to sustain PGT study. https://t.co/qVpjEJaKzh