In February 2021 we launched a new report aimed at securing and championing campus free speech.
Download the report
Press release February 2021
Report launch blogs
- Responding to the ongoing furore over campus free speech and political diversity, three student leaders launch proposals for a robust new code.
- Three student leaders evaluate the way in which students and their representatives are portrayed over the free speech debate.
- Jim Dickinson visits the National Archives in Kew to investigate proposals on campus free speech from the 1980s.
- Debbie McVitty calls for funding and support for students’ unions in pursuit of the the educational purposes of universities.
- A group of student leaders reflect on ongoing debates surrounding campus free speech, and propose reflection and action to tackle concerns.
- Consensus statement: Freedom of speech and students’ unions, guilds and associations – next steps