Acronym frenzy. How many do you know?
I spent six years working at UEA, home of the HE three letter acronym and have always had a fondness for them, the more pointless and obscure the better. So, what better way to mark the peak Higher Ed conference season than with a pointless quiz on HE acronyms. Some of these are relatively well known and others are more obscure so see how many you can get.
Answers at the end. Do share your scores #HEacronyms
Don’t look yet
Harder than you thought, isn’t it?
You should have looked them up at the time.
- EMS Estate Management Statistics
- DAPs Degree Awarding Powers
- AHUA Association of Heads of University Administration
- BUFDG British Universities Finance Directors Group
- UQP Unsatisfactory quality policy
- TRAC Transparent Approach to Costing
- SCITT School-centred initial teacher training
- GCSA Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- ERASMUS European Union Action Scheme for the Mobility of University Students
- HEAPES The Higher Education in Alternative Providers Early Statistics
- AURIL Association for University Research & Industry Links
- PISG Performance Indicators Steering Group
- RAB Resource Accounting and Budgeting
- DELNI Department of Employment and Learning, Northern Ireland
- BUFVC British Universities Film & Video Council
- ELIR Enhancement Led Institutional Review
- CHEAD Council for Higher Education in Art & Design
- FSSG Financial Sustainability Strategy Group
- IAGS Intentions After Graduation Survey
- JACCUC Joint Advisory Committee for Church Universities and Colleges
So, ho many did you get?
17-20 Outstanding. First class wonkery
13-16 Pretty good. You have been paying attention
8-12 You really do need to go back to school
< 8 Oh come on.
Next time – a selection of HESA graphs for you to identify.