This week on the podcast a fresh debate over controlling student numbers in England’s HE system has kicked off. Would doing so damage access?
Plus we’ve new research on belonging and cost of living, we review activity on campus in the wake of the situation in the Middle East, and a new iteration of the Social Mobility Index for universities has emerged.
With Rachel Sandby-Thomas, Registrar at University of Warwick, Gary Hughes, Chief Executive at Durham Students’ Union, Sunday Blake, Associate Editor at Wonkhe and presented by Jim Dickinson, Associate Editor at Wonkhe.
- Financial struggles make it harder for students to connect and engage in their university community
- Building belonging a year on – how has higher education changed?
- How to shrink the sector
- What is the Social Mobility Index measuring?
- Do chants and slogans lead to harassment and violence?
- HEPI/London South Bank: Social Mobility Index 2023