Break the mould with a new university. In a box.
The UK university sector should be open to new types of institution and stop being such a “closed shop”, says leading academic AC Grayling.
Prof Grayling is the head of the New College of the Humanities, which wants to gain degree-awarding powers.
Under the current system, Prof Grayling says it is “virtually impossible” to set up a new university.
The TDAP criteria are designed to establish that the applicant organisation is a well founded, cohesive and self-critical academic community that can demonstrate firm guardianship of its standards, and that it can engender public confidence in its capacity to maintain the academic standards of the degrees it offers in the UK and, where relevant, overseas.
Applicants must meet the requirements and criteria set out in the 2004 guidance (see below). They must normally be able to demonstrate that:
- they have had at least four consecutive years’ experience, immediately preceding the year of application, of delivering higher education programmes as part of a validating relationship with a UK higher education institution, at a level at least equivalent to level 6 of The framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (see Quality Code, Chapter A1)
- the majority of their higher education students are enrolled on study programmes at level 6 (bachelor’s degree with honours) or above.
More Uni In A Box features:
- First students enrolled before they’ve even seen your prospectus!
- Ready made curriculum – just choose the subjects – everything from anthropology to zoology!
- Academic staff – keen and ready to go – just tell them how much you want them to teach and hoe many 4* publications you would like for REF2020.
- Choose your own Staff: Student Ratio according to taste/funds.
- A big well-stocked Library as standard.
- Each uni comes complete with well-founded laboratories.
- Ready made regulatory architecture.
- Your choice of great logo – choose from our traditional crest with latin motto or contemporary cutting edge ranges.
- Working quality assurance framework.
- Fully functioning and untroublesome Senate.
- Finely crafted and hand-tooled governing body.
- Automatic connection to JANET – just plug and play!
- Keen to recruit international students? It’s a breeze with our instant HTS package (NB surcharge applies, Follows rules in place at time of going to press.)
- Choose from a range of vice-chancellors – young and perky to old and grumpy – or take it on yourself. All price points available.
- Top performance in a range of performance indicators guaranteed so your are TEF ready – whatever the Green Paper says.
- Fully operating and highly capable Registrar included FREE with all packages.