On the podcast this week we discuss the impact of recent political developments on higher education, data futures, and new research on student accommodation. Plus ITV’s new drama about a student who uses an essay mill, our correlation quiz, the latest from the blogs and the launch of Wonkhe SUs.
With Chris Shelley, Director of Student and Academic Services at the University of Greenwich; Gavan Conlon, Partner at London Economics; and Wonkhe’s own Jim Dickinson.
Items this week:
- ITV drama Cheat – coverage in The Times
- The Tab article using Essay Writing Service UK data
- Phil Pilkington on cheating in higher education
- Wonkhe article on Data Futures
- OBR economic and fiscal outlook
- Treasury’s Spring Statement
And this week’s correlation question was – the number of students who dropped out in HE in 2017-18 against the number of students who transferred to another HE provider in 2017-18.