What is the real cost to the taxpayer of funding higher education? This week on the podcast we look at report trying to answer that question, as well as students’ views on bailouts for universities, student mental health stats, Hidden History and our correlation quiz.
With Andy Youell, strategic data advisor; Eve Alcock, president of Bath Students’ Union; and Wonkhe’s editor Debbie McVitty.
Items this week:
- The National Audit Office report on apprenticeships
- IFS report on the costs of funding HE
- HEPI report on students’ views on bailouts
- Anthony McClaren on the Quality Wars
- Survey by The Insight Network and Dig-in
And this week’s correlation question was – % of academic staff who left employment last year, versus the % of academic staff who started employment this year.