This week on the podcast the government has introduced a new Higher Education Bill into parliament – but do its proposals on academic freedom and freedom of speech stack up?
There’s also a range of other measures in the Queen’s speech to consider, and as the deadline for the government’s admissions review looms, we take the temperature of responses from across the sector.
With Claire Taylor, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Wrexham Glyndwr University, Chris Shelley. Director of Student and Academic Services, University of Greenwich, Jim Dickinson, Associate Editor at Wonkhe and presented by Mark Leach, Editor in Chief at Wonkhe.
On the site
- It’s 1986 all over again as free speech on campus gets a bill of its own
- What’s in the Queen’s Speech for higher education?
- “I just want to know the vibe, miss” – supporting student transition
- The consumer protection implications of a move to post qualification admissions
- Post qualification admissions distracts from the real fair access issues
To get involved in The Wonkhe Show, email firstname.lastname@example.org