This week on the podcast the Commons Education Committee raises antisemitism with Michelle Donelan and BBC3 airs a documentary on racism in the sector.
Is real progress being made? Plus there’s new findings out on students and sex and drugs, and the long-awaited Journal of Controversial Ideas has its first edition out – but is it as edgy as it thinks?
With Eunice Simmons, VC at the University of Chester, Ben Ward, CEO at the University of Manchester SU, Debbie McVitty, Editor at Wonkhe and Mark Leach, Editor in Chief at Wonkhe.
On the site
- I read every paper in the first issue of the Journal of Controversial Ideas.
- Acknowledging institutional racism is only the first step.
- After a decade of discussion progress on anti-racism in higher education is still too slow.
- SOS-UK: New research on students’ experiences of drugs.
- Should students have to pass a consent course?
To get involved in The Wonkhe Show, email email@example.com