The University Alliance is looking for a dynamic Training Manager to manage the day-to-day delivery of the Doctoral Training Alliance (DTA) training programme for doctoral researchers and supervisors across a national network of 20 universities.
The Training Manager will work closely with the Head of Doctoral Programmes and all members of the UA Programmes Team as well as training leads from partner universities to ensure that a successful and effective training offer is delivered to the UK and EU standards of researcher development.
To support, deliver and enhance the current doctoral researcher and supervisor development activity within the DTA Training Programme.
- Support existing delivery of researcher activities through elective and residential events
- Work closely with academic directors and training leads at host universities
- Working with the other members of the team
- Lead on all logistical arrangements for annual residential events across all programmes
- Oversee the running of the annual DTA Elective programme
- Source workshops, facilitators, hosts, develop content, oversee the advertising and booking systems
- Ensure events are monitored and evaluated in line with the evaluation framework
- Supporting the DTA3 programme development and delivery
- Secretarial management of DTA Training Group
- Act as first point of contact for researchers
- Manage the DTA social media channels
- Other duties and general support tasks as required by the Chief Executive or senior staff in accordance with the strategic objectives of the University Alliance.
Why Work Here?
- Forward thinking and socially aware organisation
- Fantastic work/life balance with flexi-time and work from home options
- Full-time (applications for part-time (4 days a week) will also be considered)
- Generous holiday allowance and pension scheme
- Fantastic location – Liverpool Street
- £30,000 (full-time salary)
If you are a self-starter, who is able to independently manage and direct your work plan; have excellent communication and presentation skills, with great attention to detail and the ability to think strategically, please do apply by going to our website via the link below.
Please send the completed application form with the subject line ‘Training Manager’ to email@example.com by the deadline date. 11.59pm, 19 February 2020
Interviews will be held on 27 February 2020 – please advise if you are unable to make this date.
To apply click here