Are you a life-long learner, curious about the world around you?
Are you ready to bring your unique skills to a mission-driven organization?
Do you enjoy being a part of a student’s journey of personal, academic and intercultural growth?
If so, we would love to welcome you to our global community!
We are looking for an individual to administer core parts of IFSA study abroad programmes in London and throughout England and Wales, including: leading the planning and supporting the delivery of co- and extracurricular activities, orientation, and other events; coordinating enrolment and student support services with local university partners; supporting and ensuring effective academic administration; and engaging with students to enhance their programme experience and wellbeing. In this position, you will work closely with colleagues from our sites in the UK and Europe, the Global Health & Safety Team, Programme Operations, Academic Programmes and Student Engagement teams.
This position is physically based in our IFSA London Centre, working with our students and faculty for both student support and program delivery.
IFSA (Institute for Study Abroad), a US-based nonprofit organization, creates global learning environments to help students gather the critical perspectives, knowledge, and skills essential for future success. With innovative programming and world-class support, IFSA delivers future-focused study abroad options in 19 countries and 48 cities around the globe. Our commitments to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact are present in every aspect of our programs.
Inclusion is a driving passion of our organization. We are committed to building a community where the thoughts and opinions of all team members are valued and contribute to our collective success, just as we build programmes with the same focus. If you share our unwavering commitment to Inclusive Excellence and want to join a community that actively strives to improve in all that we do, IFSA is the place for you.
Learn more about IFSA at https://www.ifsa-butler.org/
In this position, your responsibilities would include:
Supporting academic management of programmes, including the course registration process, appreciative advising, and student learning plan consultations.
Serving as primary contact for Oxford and Cambridge university programmes, developing an enhanced understanding of our partner Colleges and Halls and delivering customised information to students, colleagues and partner institutions
Supporting the development of custom programme proposals, and leading the planning and delivery of awarded programmes
Planning and delivering welcome orientations, co-curricular activities and other excursions for students
Leading and supporting ongoing coordination with university partners in London and throughout England and Wales related to enrolment, housing, student support, transcripts, and other issues as needed.
Helping to cultivate and model practices and behaviours that reflect IFSA’s organisational commitments of inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact
Contribute to emergency response and student incident management based on established protocol, and participate in after-hours emergency phone rotation.
Having opportunities to contribute to other IFSA global site’s operations, projects and departments’ initiatives as well as opportunities to participate in organization-wide initiatives.
Requirements, Work Experience and Education
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible work experience; desired industries include study abroad, higher education, hospitality, tourism, non-profit.
- Passion for working with multiple diverse stakeholders and evidence of building positive external working relationships.
- Contagious enthusiasm for IFSA’s mission, vision and commitments.
- Success in engaging with and supporting students with diverse lived experiences including students of color, students with mental and physical disabilities, first-generation college students, and LGBTQIA+ students.
- Evidence of exceptional verbal, superior interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts to audiences of various knowledge levels and backgrounds.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and thrive in ambiguous and changing situations and to shift focus and reprioritize work as needed.
- Excellent digital competencies, including the ability to engage with multiple systems and our database platform, Salesforce.
- General knowledge of university system and student life in the UK
- Undergraduate degree required.
- The legal right to work in the UK.
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important perspectives, experiences and skills that we haven’t considered. If this describes you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Physical and Work Environment
- Working on a computer, placing phone/video calls.
- Required to walk and stand for long periods of time, potentially outdoors in the heat or cold
- Occasional travel around the city of London, England and Wales required.
- Additional occasional required travel may include within the UK, within Europe, or to other IFSA sites around the world.
- Occasional physical activities such as arranging chairs/tables in conference room settings.
- Ability to attend regular meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations.
Benefits: Pension Contribution; Enjoy flexible work arrangements and an appreciation for work/life balance.
Location: London, England
Reports to: Director, Programmes and Operations
In your cover letter, offer a compelling “Why” statement as to your suitability to the role using the job responsibilities and organizational commitments as a framework.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
IFSA is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all genders and gender expressions, races and ethnicities, ages, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.