Partnership Marketing Manager – (Maternity Cover)
Division: Online Programme Management
Location: 80 Strand, London – currently remote role/Work from home until Spring 2021.
Travel: Occasional travel to partners’ premises required
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About the team
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an innovative new online learning service that Pearson has launched in the UK. Working in partnership with leading UK universities across the country, the Pearson Online Learning Services (POLS) teams provide online learning services including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support. As a start-up unit, every member of our team responds positively to breaking new ground and are willing to challenge current practice and to be challenged themselves.
About the job
The Partnership Marketing Manager is an all-encompassing programme marketing management role, with a responsibility for developing partnership specific marketing strategy and managing all elements of the strategy, including the planning and delivery of high-impact global marketing campaign planning and execution, content development, budget management and marketing performance analysis.
This position acts as the main marketing contact and account manager for one of our university partnerships. It is mainly a Business to Customer (B2C) marketing role that requires an individual who has proven experience in stakeholder management, performance marketing and content marketing across international territories.
The Partnership Marketing Manager works in a matrix structure across a number of internal functions including research, recruitment, student services and course design. This role must also successfully partner with external stakeholders as well as agencies and third-party suppliers. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, this position will be working collaboratively with functional experts within the Marketing team to ensure all marketing activities deliver the desired result.
Senior Marketing Manager
Programme launch and ongoing campaign management
- The Partnership Marketing Manager is required to develop and implement best-in-class marketing campaigns for Pearson and our partners.
- Manage all activities, timelines and deliverables to successfully launch new programmes from new or existing partners
- Lead the development and implementation of online and offline marketing plans based on performance analysis, research and competitive intelligence review
- Provide a clear direction on customer segmentation, branding and campaign proposition
- Develop a clear briefing process for internal stakeholders, agencies and third party suppliers
- Develop and implement detailed campaign plans for each programme in the portfolio
- Work with the research team to gather market insight and enhance programme positioning
- Identify key markets for student recruitment based on search volume and lead volume forecast
- Develop personas and programme USPs based on audience segmentation, in collaboration with research and recruitment team
- Collaborate with functional specialist (Content, Email Marketing, SEO, Paid Media) to ensure activities across all channels are executed to achieve most impact
- Develop marketing activities that impact the different stages of the customer funnel based on performance diagnosis
- Effectively achieve programme performance targets and objectives within allocated budget
- Analyse campaign performance in collaboration with marketing agencies and functional experts to drive optimisation
- Regular performance reporting to OPM management and counterparts within the university partnership
- Be the lead subject matter expert within the wider marketing team for all programmes in the portfolio
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to manage all necessary agency and third party supplier relationships to successfully plan and implement campaigns
- Work closely with International team to ensure market reach and effective lead generation in targeted territories.
- Ensure brand stewardship and maintain institutional reputation of the partner through brand and programme knowledge
- Accountable for quality checking all marketing output to ensure accuracy and brand compliance.
Client Account Management
- Act as first point-of-call for partners on all marketing queries
- Build and manage a strong relationship with partner counterparts through regular communication and information sharing
- Lead collaborative working with partners in joint marketing planning
- Act as the marketing subject matter expert for all partner interactions
- Act as a conduit, coordinator and communications lead for all content marketing across the partner and internal departments
- Develop new and innovative methods to cost-effectively reach audiences, improving media effectiveness, enhancing positioning and meeting business objectives
- Focus on exploring organic channels and tactics in order to meet marketing targets at a lower cost.
- Develop test plans for new tactics to ensure performance is captured, measured and learnings applied.
- Effectively coordinate cross-channel marketing activities to ensure a holistic and integrated approach.
- Apply a customer experience centric principle to all marketing planning.
- Contribute to the departmental effectiveness by making suggestion for process and output improvement based on experience, observation and data analysis
- Demonstrate the organisation core values (brave, decent, accountable, imaginative) in daily activities
Qualifications, experience and person specification
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, or other professional marketing qualification
- Good number of years’ experience in marketing, including experience in account management and campaign planning
- Higher education and student recruitment or performance marketing experience desirable, but not essential
- Good working knowledge of online marketing, including paid digital, SEO, social media, CRM, influencer marketing and content marketing
- Good working knowledge of different online reporting tools as well as CRM and CMS systems
- Proficient in MS Office, with a special emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Outstanding project/time management and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to engage in productive innovation development, bringing new solutions to challenges
- Ability to analyse and interrogate numbers (analytics, budgets), particularly as it relates to campaign performance reporting and analysis
- Ability to engage in strategic/account planning and develop and apply in-depth product knowledge
- Eagerness to learn, willingness to develop, desire to support team, department and organizational development
- Strong team player with excellent and proven inter-personnel skills
- Willing to work extended hours when required
- Ability to anticipate and provide prompt resolution on issues
- Ability to operate in fast-pace environment and manage a number of campaigns simultaneously
- Proactive, solutions oriented and focused on business objectives
- Ability to develop efficient and effective communication strategies for engaging internal and external stakeholders
- High attention to detail and administration
- Excellent presentation skills
- High level of professional business acumen
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Apply on our website