Happy Wonkhe birthday to me!
Registrarism turns 1 on Wonkhe this week and therefore it must be time for yet another really dumb league table.
It’s been a year now since I joined Wonkhe
and what a fun 12 months it has been. Being involved in the Wonkhe family and playing a small part in the growth and development of what is now a distinctive part of the UK higher education landscape has been a real privilege.
So, what I have I managed during this time? Not quite as much as I had hoped but I have averaged about one and half posts a week (I was aiming at two) and skilfully avoided being named either as powerful or influential in those lists of important people.
So, I can hear you ask, what are your most read posts from the last year? I’m glad you raised that one. Given the prevalence of league table commentary here I feel it only proper that I give you a top 10 of the most read Registrarism blog posts of the last 12 months:
- Times and Sunday Times 2015 University League Table Top Placings
- Times and Sunday Times 2016 ranking
- Get back below stairs
- The Ultimate Ranking of University Rankings
- Speaking freely: the best university ranking ever
- Apocalypse now?
- Academic standards: back to the future
- 10 awkward things about the Scottish HE Governance Bill
- A big governance challenge
- Now out: THE World University Rankings 2015-16
Reassuringly only half are league table related. I do try to do other things too. And sadly no space for one of my favourite posts of the last year – a really daft ranking of West Wing characters.
Anyway, thank you for reading and I do hope to deliver more and better in the year ahead here on Wonkhe.