This week on the podcast UCU are balloting for industrial action over pay and pensions – does it signal a bleak midwinter for the sector?
Plus HEPI has a new report out on the humanities, there’s new data on LGBT+ applicants and the Free Speech bill completes its committee stage.
With Graham Virgo, Senior Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education at the University of Cambridge, Mary Curnock Cook, serial non-exec director and Chair of the UPP Student Futures Commission, Mike Ratcliffe, Academic Registrar at Nottingham Trent and presented by Wonkhe’s own Jim Dickinson.
Featured on the show
- UCU: UK university staff to ballot in October over pay and pensions
- HEPI: Improving the fortunes of the humanities means thinking about post-16 qualifications
- UCAS/Stonewall: Next Steps – What is the experience of LGBT+ students in education?
- A quick look at proposed amendments to the free speech bill
- It’s one rule for most SUs and no rules for Oxbridge
To get involved in The Wonkhe Show, email email@example.com