Net Natives Account Directors work strategically with our clients to innovate through data, technology and creativity to transform the lives of students by better connecting them with education opportunities.
You will be an Education and Student Sector expert who maintains brilliant client-agency partnerships throughout the relationship lifecycle in pursuit of better outcomes for our clients, higher satisfaction rates, retention and growth. Using your expertise in Higher Education and student recruitment, you will onboard new clients; establish the framework for delivering against their strategic goals and student recruitment objectives; work with clients and account teams throughout the year to share and action market insight; report on performance vs strategic targets and identify new opportunities to innovate and grow client market share.
Day to day you will be responsible for ensuring we have the right approach in place to ensure our clients are happily growing in line with their goals.
You will establish the foundation of a positive and constructive partnership by delivering a thorough onboarding process; understand the client, their challenges and work with the team to provide effective solutions; educate clients and your colleagues on market insights and identify opportunities for client growth; facilitate gold standard practises; resolve issues and maintain operational efficiency; oversee the delivery of client growth against targets and maintain high levels of client satisfaction that facilitates retention.
You’ll live our values, to be accountable for your own tasks, to be brave and try new things and to be curious, staying up to date with industry updates and the latest developments. All the while working in a team that is recognised as one of the most supportive in the industry.
Great, here’s what we need from you…
● At least 5 years within the HE Sector working, ideally working in marketing or admissions
● Understanding of digital advertising platforms and capabilities
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Natural presenter
● Sociable and professional
We are Net Natives and we’re on a mission to use data, technology and creativity to transform the way students connect with higher education institutions. Each year we connect millions of students with the courses and institutions that change the world. Over 100 creatives, stategists, technologists and analysts in the UK and USA have built a revolutionary data driven technology platform that predicts and automates student advertising. Whilst our creatives and strategists develop concepts and content that inspire students for some of the world’s leading education brands.
Our culture is based on our simple ABC values (Accountable, Brave, Curious). We are accountable to providing you with the best working environment we possibly can.
Our enhanced benefits package has been designed with our people in mind. We have focused on seeing and hearing what our global employees want. Here are some of our fantastic benefits.
● Start with 25 days holiday which increases with your length of service
● An additional 3 days off for Christmas shut down
● Buy additional holidays or Family and Dependent Days
● No one should work on their birthday… have a paid day off!
● Contribution towards your home workstation setup
● Private Healthcare
● Pension scheme
● EAP – Employee Assistance Programme
● Eye Tests and contribution towards glasses
● Self-Care Fund
● Access to our Employee Engagement Platform which provides Rewards and Recognition, Benefits, Discounts, and Concierge Service
● Employee Referral Bonus
● Regularly staff entertaining, gifts and awards
● Early finish on Fridays
● Cycle To Work Scheme
● Electric Vehicle Leasing – Salary sacrifice scheme
● Time off for Charity / Volunteering work
● Enhanced Maternity, Paternity or Adoption Pay and Maternity ‘Self Care Days’
Plus we know that your personal development is fundamental to our mission and so we tailor a progression path personalised to you.
Net Natives is an equal opportunities employer. We passionately believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and our DEI group is continually looking at ways we can encourage every Natives to be brave in their expression and belief in themselves.
Our hiring process is pretty simple…
● You found this job because you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity or got sent this job ad because someone thinks you’re amazing and really cares about you
● You’ve made it this far into the job advert and you know you want to find out more so you tell us you’re interested (apply – send a cover letter and up to date CV)
● You have been invited for an interview – we like to start with a call with our Head of Client Services. Then further interviews with our CGO and CEO. You will be required to do an interview task against a brief that will include a presentation.
● You come in and meet some of your new team/friends (virtual or face to face)
● If you are successful, you land yourself an amazing job and amazing things start to happen!