Wonkhe Mondays is delivered to tens of thousands of people from across UK higher education every Monday morning before work. It sets the agenda for the week – everything you need to know about what’s going on in UK HE policy in the week ahead plus key developments from the past seven days analysed.
As well the latest analysis, the Briefing features a round-up of news and articles from Wonkhe that you may have missed and gives a full listing of events, reports, deadlines, and parliamentary activity (including devolved parliaments) that are expected in the coming week. If you like this briefing, you may also be interested in Wonkhe Daily which keeps you up to date all through the week.
Problems subscribing? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 March – Covid-19: the next few months, Sheffield Hallam to host Civic University Network, REF postponed
- 23 March – Covid-19: the policies and the practicalities.
- 16 March – Pandemic response, Secret Life of Students, IFS response to the Budget, Bloomsbury Institute registration decision, UCU strikes end
- 9 March – Budget day, International Women’s Day, HEPI report, Amber Rudd controversy, Yes, Minister, UCU industrial action
- 2 March – IFS report, Secret Life of Students, Turning Point UK, coronavirus, Million Plus report, OfS refused registration, PQA, HEPI report, HESA data, Brexit negotiations
- 24 February – Student number controls, Tortoise, PX report, Welsh governance, UCU industrial action
- 17 February – Graduate premium, new HE and science ministers, NDAs, student engagement, HESA WP stats, UKRI consults on open access, REF, BUCS initiative on initiations.
- 10 February – Climate emergency, freedom of speech, immigration reform, end of cycle data, student vote, industrial action dates confirmed, Scottish budget
- 3 February – Secret Life of Students 2020, Brexit transition, end of cycle data, access and participation, strike ballots pass threshold
- 27 January – Wicked problems: reputation of HE, pathways to impact statements, Withdrawal Agreement passes, Augar deferred, LEO update, WP reports
- 20 January – Wicked problems: HE culture, KEF, UCU report in to working conditions, possible value review, unconditional offers, HESA spring, Erasmus+, paramedic students
- 13 January – Wicked problems: the curriculum, government letter to OfS, OfS on harassment and sexual misconduct, Erasmus+ confusion, Wonkhe SUs Baltic tour, pension talks announced.
- 6 January – Wicked problems, Jo Johnson on Radio 4, Dominic Cummings’ job advert, apprenticeship levy, HESA data, ISE pulse survey, Scottish HE union ballot