Wonkhe Mondays is delivered to tens of thousands of people from across UK higher education every Monday morning before work. It sets the agenda for the week – everything you need to know about what’s going on in UK HE policy in the week ahead plus key developments from the past seven days analysed.
As well the latest analysis, the Briefing features a round-up of news and articles from Wonkhe that you may have missed and gives a full listing of events, reports, deadlines, and parliamentary activity (including devolved parliaments) that are expected in the coming week. If you like this briefing, you may also be interested in Wonkhe Daily which keeps you up to date all through the week.
Problems subscribing? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 April – The Rules of Engagement, quality wars, pension pot changes for smaller universities, New JNCHES meeting, new NUS president
- 8 April – University rankings, NUS conference
- 1 April – University finances, Open University’s 50th anniversary
- 25 March – Secret life of students, futureproofing the university, grade inflation, quality assurance
- 18 March – Student numbers crisis, OfS one year on, international education, suspicious packages at universities
- 11 March – Lifelong learning, the cost of degrees, introducing Wonkhe SUs, academic workload
- 4 March – Gender inequality in HE, Augar, student numbers’ effect on communities
- 25 February – Trouble for VCs, subject TEF, student complaints about industrial action
- 18 February – Labour’s education policy, the Civic University Commission, VC pay dispute, OfS registration fees
- 11 February – Wonkhe’s 8th birthday, HE’s influence on voting patterns, VC pay, Skidmore on Augar, possible new university for Peterborough
- 4 February – Student experience, free speech controversies, unconditional offers, Open Access
- 28 January – HE debt, unconditional offers, extremist speakers at universities, accelerated degrees
- 21 January – Further Augar leaks, Skidmore’s roundtable for students with disabilities, Intergenerational Foundation report
- 14 January – PQA, Grammar School debate, TEF4 data released, KEF consultation
- 7 January – Radical ideas for HE, ONS treatment of student loans, Wonkhe’s new editor!