- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Union’s Advice Service including physical and digital delivery and along with line managed staff will provide impartial advice and advocacy for individuals on issues affecting University of Portsmouth students.
- Oversee management of service delivery including management of casework, problem-solving student and staff issues and ensuring a high-level delivery of support to students for academic advice.
- Work closely with University services to maintain and improve the triage element ensuring no student is turned away without a point of contact.
- Support the development of the Union Advice Centre, working with students, the University and other stakeholders to develop and maintain an exceptional student-centred service for the provision of advice.
- Passionate about delivering an excellent student-centred service.
- Experience in providing advice and support to clients in an advisory capacity/professional setting
- Experience in developing and increasing service provision; demonstrate the skills necessary to develop new initiatives and support the delivery of strategic and student-led projects that inspire participants.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to support and motivate volunteers and staff
- Understanding of best practices in supporting Union representatives, the skills to undertake and present research, analyse data and have the ability to handle competing priorities.
- An understanding of the complex issues faced by students in a Higher Education setting is essential.
What we offer
- Strong team mentality, supportive and sociable workplace
- Regular training opportunities and team development days
- 30 days annual leave + additional Christmas leave (University shutdown)
- Flexi-time and 35 hour week
- Access to University staff benefits: discounted gym membership, free library membership, bike safe
- Working from home opportunities
- Free TOTUM (NUS) discount card
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward-thinking organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 25,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and student group members and over 100 student groups.
For more information on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit www.upsu.net/your-union/careers. For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Brendan McCarthy (Student Focus and Advice Manager), on 023 9284 3648 or email@example.com.
Interviews will be held on date: Monday 11th October
Please note that our shortlisting process is such that CVs will not be considered as any part of an application. Therefore, please submit an application form only – any attached CVs will be disregarded. Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.