Cubane is a specialist global consulting firm that delivers strategic analysis, benchmarking and insight to university leadership teams at institutions in the UK and EU. Founded in Australia a decade ago and active in the UK for more than four years, many of the Russell Group universities are members of our unique collaborative UniForum benchmarking programme and we are now expanding to include other institutions.
We now have an opportunity for someone with an exceptional background in evidence-based strategy, planning and improvement to join our UK team in central London as a Senior Consultant. This wide-ranging, developmental and challenging role enjoys a high level of independence to lead a small team delivering quality analytical output and building relationships with new and existing member universities in a flat and egalitarian organisational structure.
As a senior member of the team in this fast-growing business you would also have significant opportunity to help build the business and team and develop professionally.
The Company and Team
Our consultancy business focuses on delivering strategic analysis, benchmarking and analytical insight to university leadership teams in the UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. In the UK, the majority of the Russell Group universities are part of our programme, with more universities set to join this year and next. The principal focus of our benchmarking is on university professional services: e.g. IT, HR, Finance, Student Support and Facilities.
In this role you will be a key member in the UK team, regularly interacting with client teams at our university partners, as well as working with our Australian and Canadian colleagues. The high calibre and growing UK team consists of individuals from a variety of backgrounds, dedicated and driven to provide the best possible service for our clients in a dynamic but good- natured environment.
Although Cubane does not provide traditional ‘client side’ implementation support or advice (e.g. most of our work is done remotely, as part of the Cubane team based in the London office), we do develop close and lasting relationships with senior leaders and teams at our member universities.
Reporting to the UK Managing Director and working with the UK team and some of the UK’s top universities you will be responsible for:
- Leading the consulting side of the UK business including supporting and developing UK staff members
- Being one of the key faces of the UK team both internally and externally
- Leading the team to develop hypotheses and strategic insights from information on university administrations, and sophisticated data models to drive university decisions and actions
- Overseeing detailed studies for the UK clients including research, interviews, and surveys from universities across the world
- Leading the preparation of detailed deliverables, briefings and presentations, presenting to large groups at each university, sometimes to >80 people at a time
- Taking a primary role in developing the agenda and materials for the Overall Services Review, and UK annual conference, also delivering presentations and supporting panels at these events
- Continually innovating and developing our methodologies, approaches, and cutting edge analytical tools
- Owning and cultivating exceptionally strong long term relationships with our clients’ Executive Sponsors and programme managers, and with all levels of Cubane employees across the world
- Supporting Cubane’s growth both in the UK & Ireland, and in Europe
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with the following key skills and experience:
- 6+ years’ experience in similar strategic / planning / analytical roles e.g. in a university strategy team or another consulting or benchmarking firm
- Proven experience in delivering insight to senior leaders based on complex quantitative data
- Strongly purpose-oriented, with a demonstrable passion for helping organisations with a strong social purpose to succeed and improve
- Either direct experience of working for / with universities or demonstrable knowledge of the specific issues facing leaders of university professional services
- Highly numerate, with a demonstrable analytical aptitude and mindset
- Is exceptional with senior leaders and is confident presenting to large groups
- Able to support the development of a small, growing team
- Has excellent attention to detail & time management
- Will be flexible and adaptable as demands and priorities change and remains good humoured under pressure
- Is keen to get involved with different aspects of a growing business
- Is motivated by learning, developing and innovating
- Is proactive and takes responsibility for tasks, with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Cares about the detail as well as the ‘big-picture’
- Has great written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
Appication process: please send a covering letter of no more than one page of A4 describing why you’re interested in the role and summarising how you feel your experience meets our needs, along with your CV, to email@example.com.