Location: Milton Keynes
Unit: Research, Enterprise and Scholarship
About the role
The role has oversight for the development and delivery of knowledge exchange and research impact activities, liaising with a diverse range of stakeholders across and outside the University to maximise the impact of Open University research. The role plays a critical part in preparation activities for the University’s Research Excellence Framework (REF) and also the Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF).
Manage the Knowledge Exchange Manager and Impact Evidence Manager (fixed term post), supporting and empowering them to succeed, monitoring progress and providing constructive feedback.
Responsibility for the impact, REF and related components of the OU Awards Management System to ensure it meets internal requirements. including liaison with the supplier (WorkTribe), advocacy, development and delivery of training and guidance, and oversight of content.
Responsible for the University’s engagement with the KEF including monitoring developments, setting strategy and implementing enabling processes that support a strong and improving KEF submission.
Support the institutional REF Manager by contributing to the preparation of the University’s REF impact return and advising on the development of impact case studies.
Support the development of institutional research impact and knowledge exchange plans, identifying OU priorities and themes, working with stakeholders to develop and evidence the OU’s distinctive research impact.
Build strong relationship with academics (including research staff) and professional colleagues, working together to develop compelling pathways to impact and other impact statements for research bids and other external submissions. Provide ongoing support for research projects to enable achievement of impact.
Write formal reports relating to impact and KEF, providing updates and information to Research Board, Research Committee, VCE or other bodies as appropriate
Increase the understanding, capacity and capability of academics and research support staff by developing and contributing to the delivery of knowledge exchange and impact training and resources.
- Skills and experience
- Educated to degree level, relevant equivalent professional qualification or demonstrable relevant experience of supporting impact and knowledge exchange research projects.
- Experience in the Higher Education sector or a research environment, working collaboratively with academics, researchers and other professional staff to achieve impact.
- Experience of leading and managing staff including the application of best practice ways of working and delivering change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact with and influence a wide range of stakeholders. Ability to interact positively with professionals from a variety of research disciplines.
- Experience of organising, coordinating and delivering workshops and events, including designing and presenting content to various audiences.
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines, taking ownership of tasks, exercising judgment and solving problems.
For information and to apply please click here