The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and over 100 student groups.
– Strong team mentality, supportive and sociable workplace
– Regular training opportunities and team development days
– 30 days annual leave + bank holidays + additional Christmas leave (University shutdown)
– Flexi-time and 35 hour week
– Company Pension
– Hybrid Working Policy
– Access to University staff benefits: discounted gym membership, free library membership, bike safe
– Be at the heart of collating and analysing data and presenting research to support the Union’s Student Outcomes Project.
– Help facilitate the student voice and enable the Union to honestly and accurately represent the student body.
– Help develop our understanding of who our students are through maintaining our student data set.
– Develop critical partnerships and ensure that our data is considered a trusted authority with stakeholders.
– Please note, this is a two year fixed term role
– Experience of undertaking research projects
– Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
– Highly competent in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative research techniques and have the ability to present research findings and outcomes as well as make recommendations to a variety of stakeholders including students, academic staff and external partners.
– Strong communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to work with a wide range of audiences.
How to apply
For more information on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit https://upsu.net/careers/view/BCG/research-data-coordinator-student-outcomes-2-year-fixed. All application forms must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
For an informal conversation about this opportunity or to discuss the Student Outcomes project further, please contact Anita Somal, on email@example.com or 023 9284 3672.
Closing date for applications: 18th July 2022
Interviews will be held on date: 28th July 2022
Please note: UPSU’s shortlisting process is such that CVs will not be considered as any part of an application. Therefore please submit an application form only which can be found at www.upsu.net/your-union/careers – any attached CVs will be disregarded. Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.