This is an exciting time to be joining the University of Southampton as we continue in our mission to change the world for the better. We are a place of opportunity and inspiration that attracts the most talented staff and students from the UK and across the world.
About the Role:
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an agile-focused, motivated and business-orientated product manager to join our pioneering digital transformation programme which is about to enter a new phase.
You’ll be joining a large agile multi-disciplinary and co-located team dedicated to developing a new user-centred information and support service pathway for many of our users groups – from applying to a course, to finding research collaborations and much more.
This project is fast-paced and hugely ambitious. We need someone who can be accountable for the product vision and outcomes, help us keep things moving forward, even if at times there are other challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the delivery manager and other stakeholder groups to deliver the next phase of the project.
- Tackle new challenges, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problem at hand.
- Partner with tech teams, designers and lead on product prioritisation, the roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality
- Apply an uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users with your work and the biggest impact on our university.
What You’ll Bring:
- Demonstrable experience of working on products, ideally using agile methodologies and user centred design thinking.
- Proven ability to problem-solve complex issues (technical, or service-orientated).
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making – the ability to challenge and be challenged on a regular basis to ensure your decisions are well-founded.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels to help them engage with projects and contribute appropriately to delivery of the product.
- This is an exciting time for the University of Southampton and we would love you to join us!
The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Hannah Farrance (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2507. Please quote reference 1168419CD-R on all correspondence.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated in the job advert.