Petroc is one of the South West’s leading colleges, committed to raising aspirations, knowledge and skills of individuals, communities and businesses in Devon and beyond. Petroc is looking to the future with confidence and with high ambitions for our 10,000 learners and as a confirmed Ofsted rated ‘Good’ college we are a highly performing educational provider.
Petroc are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-organised Governance Advisor & Head of Executive Office and two Executive Officers to create a new dedicated, friendly and supportive team.
Governance Advisor & Head of Executive Office role
The Governing Body is effective and contributes fully to our College’s success. The Governance Advisor & Head of Executive Office will be accountable to the Governing Body, working effectively with them; the Chair of Governors and Principal.
The Governance Advisor & Head of Executive Office has a central role in promoting effective governance of the College. You will:
- Advise the Board with regard to the operation of its powers; the conduct of its business; matters of governance practice and procedure;
- Facilitate provision of legal advice and guidance
- Act as Secretary to the Governing Body, managing the timely preparation and distribution of agendas and papers and producing accurate minutes of meetings, attending and minuting all Governing Body meetings (which normally take place in the evenings
- Act as the College lead for the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Act as a strategic problem solver to both the Governing Body and College staff/managers;
- Have high emotional intelligence, with the ability to influence and negotiate with people effectively in support of the implementation of College strategy;
- Manage the Executive Office that provides support to enable the highest levels of effectiveness of the Executive Team
- Engage in relevant CPD as directed by the Governing Body and Principal & CEO.
Experience of governance within an education or not for profit environment is essential for this role. It would also be desirable if you have experience of e-governance. Candidates should be digitally confident in the use of Microsoft word, excel, email and Internet, with an ability to learn new software systems, and adopt and shape new ways of working. You should have an interest in education, be tactful, reliable and have a good sense of humour.
The successful candidates must follow College procedures regarding confidentiality and act in a professional manner at all times with regards to information disclosed during the meetings.
Candidates are welcome to have an informal conversation with either the Chair of Governors or the Principal & CEO. If this is of interest, candidates should contact Treena Baglow on 01271 338133 to arrange this.
Please note that it is not College policy to accept CV’s
Closing date is noon on 5th August 2020.