UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Marketing & Communications Unit (MCU) takes the lead in developing strategies and relationships to build the UTS brand in order to achieve its desired prominence in the market place.
MCU is currently recruiting an External Communications Advisor to partner internally with the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Unit (IEU).
The IEU leads the development and implementation of UTS’ student entrepreneurship offering, as set out by the DVC Innovation & Enterprise, with the aim to equip as many students as possible with entrepreneurial skillsets and mindsets to prepare them for the jobs of the future. This includes supporting degree-bearing pathways, such as the Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation, the MBA-e and other individual subjects, as well as co-curricular offerings, such as the new UTS Startups program, industry networking events, pitch competitions, hackathons and more. Visit entrepreneurship.uts.edu.au to find out more.
An exciting time to join UTS, you will support the mapping and surveys of IEU audiences (startup ecosystem, corporate industry, precinct, government and students), as well as helping to develop customer journeys and personas, and regularly measure external engagement and advocacy. You will manage major broadcast communication channels to these audiences, and provide advice, support and strategic planning as well as supporting improved external communication training.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate university-wide external communication strategies for target audiences, across a variety of channels.
- Build strategic relationships with and support key internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with faculty, divisional leaders and other marketing and communication staff across the university to facilitate knowledge sharing and refine core messaging.
- Measure and evaluate the success of external communication activities and recommend improvements/alternate approaches, reporting to key internal clients and MCU leadership.
Main skills/experience required:
- Tertiary qualification in communications or related area.
- Successful record of developing, managing and measuring communication initiatives and campaigns within a large organisation.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in a variety of formats and technologies, from social media to websites and traditional article writing.
- High level organisational and relationship management skills.
- Familiarity with current issues relevant to the Australian higher education sector, particularly to do with innovation, entrepreneurship and startups (desirable).
- Some team management experience (desirable).
Base Salary Range: $98,340 to $111,999 pa (HEW 8)
This role attracts 9.5% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
Our commitment to work/life support includes benefits such as flexible work practices, childcare centres, generous parental leave and support to carers.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave.
Prior to commencing your application for IRC117412, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC117412.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday October 29th 2018 11:59pm (AEST)
To find out more and apply, click here
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.