This week on the podcast there are new numbers out on the size and shape of higher education providers – is the sector growing international PGT too quickly?
Plus the robots are coming for our jobs and souls, and we mark neurodiversity celebration week.
With Nicola Dandridge, Professor of Practice in Higher Education Policy at University of Bristol, Joseph Cooper, Director of People and Culture at University of East London, Debbie McVitty, Editor at Wonkhe and presented by Mark Leach, Editor in Chief at Wonkhe.
- The model of academics as affable all-rounders may be impossible to sustain in a mass higher education system bedevilled by generative AI, argues Jim Dickinson
- New English student numbers figures show how rapidly universities are changing size and shape. David Kernohan and Jim Dickinson consider if the regulation can keep up
- The Office for Students is consulting on fees for investigations. Smita Jamdar has issues with what is on offer
- Sunday Blake dives into a new report on neurodiverse students’ experiences in accommodation, and asks what further support is needed
- Generative AI tools are about to be ubiquitous. Mark Leach reviews the week that might have changed everything for HE
- Many institutions run enhanced onboarding for neurodiverse students. Edward Mills reflects on his own autism diagnosis and how he uses it to help his students