This week on the podcast net immigration stats are out – will stopping the dependants of PGT students from getting visas be the end of restrictions?
Plus reform for renters in England is causing a headache in the student housing market, and OfS is upping its fees by 20 per cent – whatever happened to value for money?
With Chris Skidmore, Net Zero Review Chair and MP for Kingswood, Andy Westwood, Professor of Government Practice at The University of Manchester, Debbie McVitty, Editor at Wonkhe and presented by Jim Dickinson, Associate Editor at Wonkhe.
- Students win better housing rights – if they can find a house to start with
- Gove backtracks on student renters’ rights. HEPI agrees
- Braverman bans PGTs from bringing in dependants
- OfS fees set to rise by 18 per cent
- Universities are trapped in a dependant doom loop over immigration