The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and over 100 student groups.
– Strong team mentality, supportive and sociable workplace
– Regular training opportunities and team development days
– 30 days annual leave + bank holidays + additional Christmas leave (University shutdown)
– Flexi-time and 35 hour week
– Company Pension
– Hybrid Working Policy
– Access to University staff benefits: discounted gym membership, free library membership, bike safe
– The UPSU Projects Function is a flexible and responsive function that coordinates resources across the Union and supports the delivery of projects, campaigns or events quickly to meet student needs. The Projects Coordinator will
– Support the delivery of the Rapid Response delivery team
– Drive up student’s satisfaction with their course, UoP and enhance their overall experience.
– Lead on the delivery of projects to provide skills, employability opportunities and other activities to develop students.
– Project manage and deliver on a wide range of additional activities and events where required.
– Please note, this is a two year fixed term role.
– Passionate about delivering an excellent student centred service.
– Experience of leading and managing projects and an understanding of best practice in project management
– Strong project management skills and be able to devise, plan and execute appropriate activity to deliver against success measures.
– Experience of managing multiple projects at once
– A detailed understanding of the Higher Education sector, in particular an understanding of what drives Academic Success and positive Student Outcomes.
– Excellent communication skills and experience supporting and motivating people
– A good understanding of both operational and reputational risk management
How to apply
For more information on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit https://upsu.net/careers/view/VBR/projects-coordinator-academic-success-student-outcomes. For an informal conversation about this opportunity, please contact Natalie Dutka-Bowskill, Student Opportunities and Operations Manager at natalie.dutka-bowskill @upsu.net
Closing date for applications: 20th July 2022
Interviews will be held on date: 27th July 2022
Please note: UPSU’s shortlisting process is such that CVs will not be considered as any part of an application. Therefore please submit an application form only which can be found at www.upsu.net/your-union/careers – any attached CVs will be disregarded. Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.