At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small
About the team
The POLS (Pearson Online Learning Services) UK Business Unit
This is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative online learning service business unit within Pearson. Working in partnership with leading UK universities across the country, the Pearson Online Learning Services (POLS) UK teams aims to give learners around the world access to high quality education. We provide expert services including marketing, student recruitment, retention and student support to our partners. As a start up unit, every member of our team responds positively to breaking new ground, and are willing to challenge current practice and to be challenged themselves to achieve new heights and great performance.
About the job
We are looking for an innovative digital marketing expert who knows how to deliver a good web experience that effectively drives calls to action. This in-house expert will lead the development and execution of SEO strategies for our University partners’ online programmes, with the support of colleagues within the Marketing team, as well as digital marketing agencies. The successful candidate will have strong technical knowledge and experience in using SEO to drive ROI and meet marketing objectives such as brand awareness, lead generation and customer engagement.
The Web and SEO Manager will also be a part of the strategic decision making process of new business evaluation and demand forecasting. As the Web and SEO expert in the team, it is crucial that the candidate is passionate about sharing their knowledge and contributing to a collaborative and high performing team culture. One of the most exciting factors of the role is the opportunity to work across different University brands and online programmes. Plenty of opportunity for a tenacious individual to test different tactics, learn from experience and optimise to drive better performance.
This role will be reporting into the Head of Marketing with line management responsibilities for a Web Developer.
– Lead the web development and optimisation strategy, ensuring existing microsites and landing pages are optimised to deliver strong conversion and user experience.
– Lead the web infrastructure strategy, with the support of a small Platform team and Content Marketing team.
– Create web environment with engaging content and effective data capture tools for effective marketing campaign
– Ensure content on microsites and other web pages are search engine optimised
– Ensure analytics tracking is setup effectively across all landing environment
– Regular reporting and optimising web performance
– Develop and deliver SEO strategy across all programmes with the support of the Content Marketing team and third party agencies as and when necessary.
– Perform ongoing keyword research and optimisation to maximise organic traffic and improve relevant ranking
– Provide recommendations for paid advertising campaign as necessary
– Research competitors’ SEO performance
– Support demand forecast for new online programmes through search volume research and customer profiling
– Manage the relationship and day to day operations of any web or SEO agency
– Be the subject matter expert and support the training and development of the Marketing team
– Support the Head of Marketing in the development and delivery of the Digital Marketing Strategy.
Skills and experience
– Proficient in one or more web content management system
– Proficient in keyword research tools
– Proficient in Google Analytics and other web analytics too
– Proven experience in developing and executing SEO strategy
– Proven experience in web performance optimisation
– Proven experience in building web analytics reports from various sources
– Proven experience in using web behavioral tracking tool (example Hotjar)
– In-depth knowledge user experience optimisation is highly desirable
– Strong presentation skills
– Strong stakeholder management experience (technical as wel as business stakeholders
– Basic working HTML knowledge is desirable
– Experience in developing and executing integrated digital marketing campaign is desirable
– Analytical with strong business acumen
– Highly organised and goal oriented
– Team player with great communication skills
– A good number of years with demonstrable achievement in a web and SEO role with proven hands on web and SEO experience
– Experience in line management is highly desirable.
Please note: This is a remote working role required to work from home until at least Spring 2021.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.