Coventry University Recruitment & Admissions (CURA) lives and breathes a passion for finding, enrolling, and supporting students to earn a Coventry University award. We work with future graduates from across the globe, helping them to study here in the UK, or in selected locations around the world.
As part of a significant initiative, we’re recruiting a new team of Student Success Coaches who are energetic and enthusiastic to start with us on a permanent full-time contract from September 2021 on a salary between £28,500 and £35,000. You will be supporting our students to achieve their educational goals, make the most of their course and what university life has to offer them, making sure they have all the tools and support they need to succeed.
You’ll be part of a pioneering team, in a fast-paced department, delivering proactive coaching and mentoring support from enrolment to graduation. You will be working across campus managing your own time around students and work priority, so flexibility is key. You will work collaboratively with teams across the university and become the critical link between our services and your assigned students.
- Self-motivated and organised: You’re passionate about your work, you thrive on getting results and you prefer to be pro-active rather than reactive to situations. You can prioritise multiple demands, managing your time effectively.
- Team player: You’re flexible where you can be and will pitch in on tasks, whether big or small; you’re willing to teach and learn, lead, and follow. You’ve supported, trained, or coached people to success in your line of work, and people often come to you for support because they know you’ll help them.
- Customer-focused: you understand your impact on the customer experience because you’ve been in their shoes, you listen closely to the customer to better understand their needs and go above and beyond to create the best experience possible.
- Clear communicator: Communication and conversation come naturally to you, you’re naturally curious about people, relish in the opportunity to help others achieve their ambitions and can quickly develop rapport with people from all backgrounds. You’ve worked with diverse teams with different needs and therefore can adapt your communication style.
- Problem solver: You’re able to take initiative to assess complex problems and thrive on coming up with a creative or effective solution. When you don’t know the ‘fix’ you know when to find someone who does, asking the right questions and connecting the right people.
- Strategic approach: You have demonstratable experience of setting goals with a clear vision of achieving them, being practical and tactical, navigating through complex situations.
- Tech ‘savvy’: Okay so you’re not Elon Musk, but you can get your head around systems, be comfortable updating them, able to read dashboards as well as being competent with CRM and the Microsoft Suite.
To apply, please visit here