Official Job Title – Student Focus Lead
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”.
– Strong team mentality, supportive and sociable workplace
– Regular training opportunities and team development days
– 30 days annual leave + bank holidays + additional Christmas leave (University shutdown)
– Flexi-time and 35 hour week
– Access to University staff benefits: discounted gym membership, free library membership, bike safe
Day to Day Responsibilities:
– Managing the day-to-day operations of the Union’s Student Focus function including physical and digital delivery.
– Overseeing and supporting the management of two coordinators to deliver the Union’s core representation and democratic activity and support elected representatives.
– Drive Quality Assurance work, supporting the elected officer team to highlight key issues and work with courses and departments to deliver best practice.
– Help shape the future of the Union’s Student Focus and Student Voice work and strategy.
– Experience leading and managing projects and the ability to handle competing priorities
– Line management experience is preferred, however we welcome applications from those who have transferable experience
– Experience of developing and increasing participation and developing new initiatives.
– Excellent communication skills and an understanding of best practice in supporting Union representatives
– An understanding of the complex issues faced by students in a Higher Education setting is essential.
How to apply:
For more information on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit www.careers.net/your-union/careers.
Please note: CVs will not be considered as any part of an application – therefore please submit an application form only which can be found at www.upsu.net/your-union/careers – any attached CVs will be disregarded.
Closing date for applications: 2nd October 2020 (9am)
Interview date: 13th October 2020
Reference ID: UPSU20099
Contract length: 18 months