Senior Officer – Equality and Diversity
Salary: £36,012 – £37,812
The Office for Students (OfS) is the new regulator for higher education in England. OfS`s primary aim is to ensure that English higher education is delivering positive outcomes for students – past, present, and future. Our objectives are to ensure that students, from all (particularly those from the most disadvantaged backgrounds):
1. Are supported to access, succeed in, and progress from, higher education
2. Receive high quality academic experience and their interests are protected while they study or in the event of provider, campus or course closure
3. Are able to progress into employment or further study, and their qualifications hold their value over time
4. Receive value for money
The Director for Fair Access and Participation (DFAP) leads on the OfS`s work to promote equality of opportunity in access and participation in higher education and supports technical pathways through higher education and progression into postgraduate education and research.
As a Directorate, our goal is to ensure that all students from all backgrounds, with the ability and potential to benefit from higher education, should be supported to access, succeed in and progress from higher education. This is achieved through:
· Developing and implementing access and participation policy and strategy
· Issuing guidance on, assessing and monitoring access and participation plans
· Identifying and promoting effective practice in relation to access and participation, equality and diversity, and diverse pathways into and through all levels of higher education, and for employability, skills and the industrial strategy
· Development and delivering funding in support of these activities
We are looking to recruit a Higher Education Policy Adviser into our Fair Access and Participation Directorate to contribute to the work of the OfS in the area of equality, diversity and inclusion.
As an equality and diversity champion (reporting directly to our Equality and Diversity Manager), you will manage the development of our diversity and inclusion policy framework as well as the implementation of our Equality Objectives and Action Plan. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, you will develop and implement policy and identify effective practice, ensuring that diversity and inclusion is embedded within the OfS and beyond.
To achieve this, you will have excellent interpersonal skills, a confident and positive approach and be able to work effectively with others at all levels. You will also have the ability to analyse information and present the results both verbally and in writing. Your communications will be both clear and accurate, and you will be expected to contribute to discussions in a logical and persuasive way to a range of different audiences. You will also have a good understanding of policy and practice relating to access and participation and equality and diversity.
Location: Bristol based, with some travel required.
The role is full time; however, we will consider job share and part time applicants for a minimum of 0.8 FTE
If you have any particular requirements in relation to the selection process, please let us know immediately so that we can discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need. We are requesting this information to make the process as equitable as possible for each candidate.
Closing date:15 September 2019
Interviewing date:25 September 2019
To apply please visit: https://www.amrislive.com/wizards_v2/ofs/vacancyView.php?&requirementId=1454&