About the job
The University of Northampton launched a new Student Records System (SRS) project in January 2020 in order to introduce a new system for processing student data, managing student returns, student administration processes and communicating with students. It is an integrated system linking with a large number of University wide systems. The project team is looking to recruit a Project Manager to work alongside the Programme Manager and team, to manage and coordinate the delivery of the student record system project. The post is responsible for a range of tasks including:
- Following appropriate management methodologies, including developing project plans and schedules, determining staffing requirements and supporting cross-functional project teams
- To identify and manage risks and issues within agreed tolerances, escalating where appropriate
- Ensuring successful transition to BAU
The post holder must have:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering multiple projects on time and within budget
- The ability to apply different project management methodologies and techniques with an emphasis on managing software implementation projects preferably in an HE environment
- Experience of successfully managing change within a complex organisation, specifically around new software implementation projects
- Experience of presenting information to key stakeholders through a variety of mediums
- Excellent interpersonal skills sufficient to develop professional relationships and rapport amongst key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – able to identify key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data; with the ability to take a broad perspective to problems and assimilate new, less obvious solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience of managing either business change or software implementation projects
Educated to Degree level or equivalent– including English and Maths GCSE
Formal Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, PPM, AGILE, SCRUM
Department of Student and Academic Services (SAS)
Student and Academic Services are responsible for supporting our academics and students from application to graduation.
This is an exciting time to join our University following our relocation in September 2018 to a new purpose-built, town-centre campus designed to adapt to 21st-century teaching. We are looking to recruit individuals who share our passion for innovation, creativity and social impact and who will play a key role as we realise our ambition of transforming lives for the better and inspiring positive change.
The University of Northampton is one of only two Ashoka U Changemaker Campuses in the UK, and in 2017 was awarded the Social Enterprise Gold Mark, an independent guarantee that we have proven to our employees, students and stakeholders that we are committed to continuous improvement across our business in order to consistently deliver a positive impact on people and planet.
Interview Date: Friday 02 July 2021
Fixed term: to 31 December 2022
Right to work
All candidates will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
We are proud of our diverse student population and applications from Black Asian Minority Ethnic student grow year on year. Equality and the promotion of inclusion are a key value that we are proud to promote. To embed this across the University, to achieve diversity amongst its staff and to improve staff representation, we would like to encourage applications from women, people living with disabilities, and those from the LGBT+ and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.