We are looking for a skilled communicator to help us drive forward our Higher Education (HE) engagement activity. You will support us to share relevant and interesting content with HE partners through a range of digital and offline channels, provide valuable thought leadership to the HE sector and maintain our strong brand and reputation. In addition to excellent communications skills, you will have an eye for detail and a good understanding of the higher education sector.
This role is based in Bristol with homeworking.
Founded in 1991, Unite Students (uS) is a FTSE 250 business and the UKs leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to students. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS.
What you’ll be doing
• Maintaining and growing a sector leading online presence through compelling communications activity, that engages and adds value to the higher education sector
• Increasing the number and quality of engagements across our website and corporate social media channels, growing our network with sector influencers
• Supporting managers to develop and maintain a professional and consistent business-to-business client relationship management approach through the production of regular updates and collateral
• Co-ordinating key event activities such as speaking engagements, conferences, and other sector body events, which will include supporting the creation of content for each one
What we’re looking for in you
• Good knowledge of the higher education sector
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You`ll be a clear communicator who understands how to adapt content for different audiences and channels
• Results-focused with the ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience working with social publishing platforms and content management systems
What you’ll get in return
• An annual bonus so you can share in the company’s success
• 25 days paid holiday
• Pension scheme – based on how much you save, we’ll contribute 1% more
• Flexible working opportunities
• Shared Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay
• We’ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
• Other benefits include, Share Save, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Apply on our website