University Alliance is a mission group, representing and supporting modern civic universities with a professional and technical focus. We are well respected as a thoughtful and constructive force in the higher education sector and are committed to becoming a much stronger lobbying force within the sector, and for our members. We are recruiting for our new Head of Communications and Public Affairs. This position will lead the communications and public affairs function of the organisation working closely with the CEO, Policy and Programme Teams as well as teams across our membership.
- To develop and implement an effective communications strategy for strengthening the University Alliance (UA) brand and voice, championing the strengths of UA institutions, and providing a collective voice for our members.
- To develop and deliver effective public affairs, engagement and campaign strategies to influence Government, Parliament, Whitehall, Devolved Administrations, funding councils, national academies and industry representatives in support of our agenda.
- To effectively line manage and develop members of staff.
- To work effectively with the UA Policy and Programme Teams to ensure all communications and public affairs activities and engagement are accurate, relevant and effective.
- To build close and trusted relationships with national, specialist and sector media, securing consistent and positive media coverage for our policy messages and effectively managing and rebutting negative stories.
- To oversee all UA’s owned and earned channels to ensure content is relevant, engaging and impactful for current and new audiences.
- To build an effective and trusted network of communication and public affairs colleagues across our membership.
- To play a key role as a member of the Senior Management Team in leading and shaping the longer-term strategic direction of the University Alliance.
- To present at Member Board meetings on the work of the Communication and Public Affairs Team.
- To effectively represent the organisation at key meetings with key partners and stakeholders.
Terms and conditions of employment: This is a full-time position, permanent.
Salary: £50,000 per annum
Application deadline: 11.59pm, Monday 6th May 2019
Interview date: Monday 13th May 2019
Application process: Please return completed application forms to: email@example.com by the deadline date provided.
Note: Please do state in application if you are unable to attend on interview date provided.
For further information about the role and to download the full job spec and application pack please visit here