University Partnerships Programme (UPP) is the leading provider of on campus student accommodation infrastructure and support services in the UK.
UPP have created a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced, dynamic, talented, and questioning individual to play a key role in the development and delivery of ambitious company expansion and diversification plans.
Directly supporting the Group Director, Business Development, the Business Development Director will play a pivotal strategic and operational role in acquiring and modelling the data and analytics to support the newly enhanced business development function; building relationships with existing and potential partners; production of feasibility studies and business cases to support potential new transactions, and supporting the formal bidding process.
The Business Development Director will be formally based at UPP’s Gracechurch Street office in central London, but would be expected to travel frequently.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify market trends and competitor product and activity, turn this activity analysis into written reports to senior management and shareholders and drive forward the development of a focused Pipeline of high quality opportunities reflecting the range and ambition of the Group Business Plan. This will include identification and development of new opportunities for UPP to secure further student accommodation projects, non-residential opportunities, campus services contracts and consultancy opportunities. It will also include the potential for the development of new business to business and other Group diversification opportunities. Prepared to the highest standard, this work will require extensive research into existing policy reports and statements (including initiation of discussions with relevant external stakeholders and member institutions); and the identification, preparation and analysis of complex data from a range of different sources, including, the development of new methods of research, as required;
- Research institutions to find new partners and identify key decision makers. Be responsible for the research and production of detailed business development opportunity packs detailing organisational needs and potential nature and structure of the opportunity and associated investment and the strategy for securing the opportunity;
- Establish relationships with the range of key individuals at targeted institutions to determine the potential for an opportunity, utilizing the CRM system, revise the institutional business development strategy according and drive forward activity to enable conversation of the opportunity to a partnership. Forecast probability of opportunity conversion and ensure agreed targets are met;
- Produce high quality feasibility studies and business cases for new opportunities with input and support from Transactions, URSL and Asset Finance constantly seeking opportunities for invitation in product, investment and scope in accordance with the Group Business Plan;
- Support the Transactions Team and Bidding Director in URSL to secure new opportunities and support the Partnerships Team and Head of UPP Foundation to extend and deepen existing client relationships and extend cross-sector understanding of UPP product;
- Support the Partnerships Division to identify opportunities to refresh current portfolio and support the delivery of these opportunities;
- Identify new methods and opportunities for business development across the Group including development of partnerships with advisors and developers; and
- As an identifiable ambassador for the Group, attending sector conferences, seeking speaking opportunities and deliver training on identifying and delivering business development opportunities to senior and junior staff across the Group.
Informal enquiries and applications should be directed to Dr Paul M. Marshall, Group Director, Business Development at email@example.com.