A Policy Researcher is required to join our Communications team in central Bristol for a period of 4 months.
WHAT THE POLICY RESEARCHER JOB INVOLVES:
The priority of this project is to deepen our understanding of developments in the higher education sector.
Working closely with our University Partnerships and Student Services teams, you’ll design and put in place an intelligence gathering regime that:
- Enhances management’s understanding of day-to-day developments in the policy landscape
- Ensures management has foresight of upcoming developments and actual or potential future scenarios
- Provides a comprehensive and nuanced picture of the agendas and political undercurrents that are driving the policy debate
- Provides insight into the personalities and priorities of key policy makers, thought leaders and opinion-formers
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Track record of working on complex research assignments involving the consolidation of different types of information
- Good understanding of the political environment, regulation and policy-making processes
- Strong interest and ideally with a networks of contacts within the higher education sector
- Experience of presenting information to stakeholders at all levels
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://recruitment.unite-group.co.uk/jobs/communications/bristol/policy-researcher-4-months/6972/.
ABOUT UNITE STUDENTS:
We offer safe, high quality and bills-inclusive homes for around 50,000 students in 140 properties, across 28 university cities, working with 60 Universities.
Our 1,250 employees are committed to listening to our students and growing our business to anticipate and nurture their needs. Investors in People (IiP) recently awarded us ‘Gold Status’ an accolade which recognises that Unite Students offers a great place to work with a clear commitment to developing employees. We are also accredited as a Living Wage employer by The Living Wage Foundation.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations.