About the role
A rare and exciting opportunity to join a newly formed Marketing Communications team at one of the world’s leading education companies. The Communications Manager is a new role to drive forward our b2b strategy, positioning Hotcourses Group as a thought leader in the sector and creating market leading content based on our Insights data. As well as content creation and data analysis, the Communications Manager will oversee media relations, event management and social media that supports our brand objectives.
- Write engaging and authoritative content based on our wealth of data on prospective students
- Develop our b2b communications strategy using a combination of country market reports, infographics, video content, articles and interviews, email marketing and social media output
- Copywriting, editing and speechwriting to support commercial and leadership teams
- Write press releases and manage relationships with the media
- Draft reports and analysis for clients
- Ownership and ongoing development of the Hotcourses Group corporate site
- Work collaboratively with marketing, content and design teams to ensure brand consistency
- Manage marketing and communications of events, including our own and those we sponsor/attend
- Track and measure b2b success
- Seek opportunities for engagement with key stakeholders and sector organisations
- Oversee internal communications through our intranet portal HotOffice
- Inspire, mentor and develop the skills of your team
- Work with the Head of Communications to deliver the Communications strategy
- Line Management responsibilities for a Marketing and Events Executive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have 2-3 years’ experience in a content, reporting or communications role
- An interest in data analysis and ability to analyse and communicate data trends
- An understanding and knowledge of how data can inform planning and strategy
- Demonstrable experience in project leadership
- Ability to work effectively across departments to tight deadlines
- Ability to tailor messages for multiple audiences and produce effective campaign communications
- You are full of ideas and aren’t afraid to change things to get the best result
- Active in social media and can lead the team in producing effective content for social media output
- You’re highly collaborative and a team player – you’re keen to pull people together to get the best content possible
- You are experienced in managing a small team or able to demonstrate leadership
We are a multinational company with over 300 talented people in offices in the UK, North America, Asia and Australia. Every year we inspire and support people of all ages and backgrounds to make the right education choices, in order for them to have happier, fulfilled and successful lives.
We believe education is transformative and that we will #neverstoplearning, which is why we offer our team personal growth with exceptional learning and development. One of our fantastic company benefits is the £200 per year allowance that all employees receive to spend on courses of their choice. We’re a really sociable group, and have regular company events and activities.
We specialise in digital technology, disrupting physical markets, providing future students with unique digital tools, informative and inspirational content, from the early stages of research, right the way through to enrolling at schools, colleges and universities.
To apply for this role, send your CV, cover letter and examples of relevant previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org If successful you will be invited to an interview where you will be required to present your ideas to us and will be tested on your literacy, writing and analytical skills.