“Strategic planners have a unique opportunity to position themselves as essential partners, advisors and facilitators in the process of change as institutions seek to compete, collaborate and develop from different national contexts. While the future is necessarily uncertain, establishing a more thorough, professional approach to institutional strategy development will be essential if the journey ahead is to be navigated successfully.”
– John Pritchard (2017) in Strike (ed.) Higher Education Strategy and Planning: A Professional Guide
HESPA and Wonkhe are hosting an engaging one-day conference to explore key issues for strategic planning in higher education. The event will build on the work of HESPA’s Strategy Interest Group and the recently-published professional guide to Higher Education Strategy and Planning.
With expert input from a range of perspectives, the programme will cover strategic thinking, and managing strategically. There will be opportunity for engagement between delegates to work on practical ways of overcoming barriers to effective strategy in institutions.
The event is generously supported by specialist consultancy Parthenon EY and will take place at their London offices.
Who should attend?
The event is suitable for staff working in planning, policy and leadership in any institution. It will be of use to experienced practitioners and those new to strategy development in higher education.
- Anna Barber, Head of Strategic Planning, The Open University
- Professor Stuart Corbridge, Vice Chancellor and Warden, Durham University
- John Pritchard, Director of Strategic Planning, Durham University
- Matt Robb, Managing Director, Parthenon EY
- Professor Mary Stuart, Vice Chancellor, University of Lincoln
- Ant Bagshaw, Deputy Director, Wonkhe
EY, 1 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AF
Friday 1st December
Tickets cost £100, or £75 for HESPA members and Wonkhe’s partners. Prices inclusive of VAT. Book your place here.