The political affairs forum is meeting again.
This event provides a unique opportunity for policy and public affairs professionals working in higher education to discuss the most relevant issues currently facing the sector, and to gain insight about how universities and academics can play a meaningful role in shaping policy and influencing legislation.
Key themes will include:
- Understanding and addressing perceptions of the higher education sector
- University funding – what happens next?
- Opportunities from the industrial strategy
- Managing reputational issues
- Working with and influencing parliamentarians
Why are we talking about political affairs in higher education now?
Universities have been placed firmly at the centre of political debate in recent months with no signs of relenting, with the appointment of a new Secretary of State and Minister tasked with leading a review of tertiary education. In order to ensure that the UK university sector can maintain its enviable global position, it is now more important than ever that institutions continue to be effective and proactive in their engagement with parliamentarians and government.