Thursday 4th July, 9.30am – 6.00pm
Registration is now closed
At this unmissable event for new students’ union officers, Wonkhe’s team of experts will spend the morning providing a comprehensive introduction to all the key issues inside the higher education and students’ union policy landscape.
Then, in the afternoon, participants will be immersed in the ultimate simulation exercise designed to set officers up for all the challenges in the year head.
10.15am What’s going on – ten policy agendas for the year ahead
10.45am Flash Briefings (3 options)
- Are students consumers?
- Bronze, Silber, Gold: The Teaching Excellence (and outcomes) Framework
- Disabled students
11.10am Flash Briefings (3 options)
- The Augar review
- Access and participation
- Initiations and Student Loneliness
11.30am Flash Briefings (3 options)
- Student protection (plans)
- Using (and abusing) your National Student Survey results
- International students
11.55am Flash Briefings (3 options)
- The Finances of Higher Education
- Harassment and Hate Crime
12.20pm Lunch Break
1.15pm Simulation Exercise
5.45pm Closing remarks