Founded in 2011, Wonkhe is the home for people who work in and around universities and anyone interested and engaged in higher education policy, people and politics. Our mission is to improve policymaking in higher education across the UK and lead the national conversation about universities in the UK.
We work with a wide range of organisations in and around higher education that share our goals and support our work. We build connections through our public and private events such as Wonkfest, supply critical intelligence and information services to the sector through our daily briefings and public a diverse range of voices on Wonkhe.com.
Our Team Assistant is central to the smooth operation and delivery of Wonkhe’s wide range of work. It is a new role, that we anticipate will quickly become a crucial part of the team, enabling the efficient flow of work for team to always perform at its best. We want everything Wonkhe does to be excellent; this role ensures that it is. This a diverse and varied role, no two days will be the same.
Working in small, dynamic organisation, this role has scope for significant development as Wonkhe’s activities expand.
- Providing direct support for members of the team in diary management for the CEO/COO/Deputy CEO, arranging team travel and accommodation;
- Preparing and organising documents such as contracts and invoices;
- Supporting event delivery including for our flagship event Wonkfest;
- Liaising with Wonkhe partners and customers;
- Organising team meetings;
- Ensuring the smooth running of Wonkhe HQ;
- Working with external suppliers;
- Other duties as and when required.
We are looking for a someone who is super organised, methodical and looking for a varied and diverse role in a high performing team. Someone who is keen to develop and learn and thrives off delivering to the highest standard.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload including prioritising and reprioritising tasks;
- An organised and methodical approach to work;
- Ability to forge and build successful working relationships;
- A focus on customer service and delivery;
- Happy in a supporting role;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliability and integrity;
- Positive attitude and professional manner;
- Very high level of IT competence and ability and desire to learn new systems;
- An interest in higher education.
- Starting salary £21,500
- Based in Wonkhe’s Central London office
- Reporting to Chief Operating Officer
- Closes midnight Sunday 22nd July
- Interviews will be held on 26th July
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter or get in touch for an informal conversation.