This role will be located within the College of Social Sciences at the Edgbaston campus at the University of Birmingham. The post holder will manage the Development Research Program (DLP), an internationally recognised research program examining how leadership can support development in the Asia Pacific Region. The research is funded by the Australian Government, and the new 3 year phase of funding will run up to 2021.
Key responsibilities involved
- Work with the Principal Investigator (PI) in order to design, implement, and review DLP’s Research Program. Manage all aspects of delivery of the Research Program, including leading on quality management of all content provided and project management of all deliverables and reporting.
- Responsibility for managing and overseeing the efficient achievement of all activities carried out by staff working for DLP, including ensuring researchers and other project staff follow the planned research cycle; In discussion with the PI, manage financial and contractual relationships with DFAT, the Australian Aid Program on an ongoing basis. Manage contractual relationships with downstream partners and take overall responsibility for the integration of DLP with University services and administration.
- Supporting the PI in coordinating the work program. Facilitating and trouble-shooting for DLP researchers, and managing their relationships with key stakeholders on behalf of the Principal Investigator, including within DFAT, the Australian Aid Program. Maintaining relationships and profile within DFAT, the Australian Aid Program, and contributing to strategic networking among other academic institutions, donors and stakeholders. Including giving and/or contributing to presentations at DLP workshops and at national and/or international conferences.
- Management of DLP’s finances with responsibility for financial negotiations with clients and subcontractors on all aspects of the budget. Working with the PI to manage expenditure against priorities agreed by the Program Management Team.
- Identify sources of grants and other internal and external funding that will strengthen or expand the teaching and research of DLP, working with CRSO on tenders and commission for projects, management of databases and websites for DLP.
For information and to apply please click here