Worktribe is a successful, friendly and fast-growing B2B SaaS company that makes and supports enterprise systems for universities. We have a reputation for quality software with an intuitive UI. With a rapidly increasing customer-base and consolidation of the team in Bristol, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, resourceful Product Owner.
You will be responsible for the ownership of our Research Management products, which currently include Opportunities, Pre-award, Post-award, Contracts, Ethics, Outputs, Profiles and REF. You must have experience of working on software products for the higher education market, particularly in research management. You must have a good understanding of Full Economic Costing, Open Access, Digital Repositories and REF2021 rules. You must have experience in working with development teams and be able to prioritise backlogs of work. Business analysis is a core component of the role, and as such you must have an analytical mind and pay high attention to detail. Great user experience is at the forefront of our business and so you should be focussed on delivering the most intuitive UX possible. You will be confident and adept at managing the full product lifecycle and be responsible for producing documentation for the implementation and sales teams.
We expect our Product Owners to build strong relationships with market stakeholders, benchmark against external trends whilst gaining insight from client user groups and forums – all feeding into the roadmap and continuing the evolution of our product suite. You must have strong stakeholder management and be able to engage with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Our ideal candidate must be a flexible, confident self-starter, an adept problem solver, who enjoys a challenge and importantly be very comfortable with change!
The role may also expand into responsibilities for driving and defining the launch of new products and services within our company. As such we’re looking for somebody who has a solid grasp on business & marketing strategy and development methodologies in order to deliver high-quality product(s) to increase company revenue.
You would be joining an excellent team and working environment, with the chance to make a real impact at a rapidly expanding company. This role will involve an element of travel where required.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
- Management of product lifecycle
- Ownership of product voice and vision
- Ensure product aligns with company mission and goals
- Establish timelines and product benchmarks
- Develop product roadmap
- Produce product documentation (including user guides, release notes)
- Consolidate data into necessary product requirements
- Establish product initiatives to align with business goals
- Collaborate with product dev team and platform architects to establish timeline workflows and goals
- Evaluate available client and market data for product strategy and development work
- Presenting your product to internal & external stakeholders
- Ensure alignment with our ISO27001 policies
Skills / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Three years previous experience as a product owner or business analyst specialised in research management for HE across the lifecycle from Opportunities to REF
- Solid understanding of the software product lifecycle
- Solid business analysis skills, such as requirements gathering, prioritisation
- Good understanding of software development processes, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Able to build strong working relationships with clients, developers, implementors, testers and senior management
- Comfortable demonstrating products to internal and external stakeholders as/when required
- Adept at working with both technical and non-technical teams across the UK
- Ability to balance and champion business, brand and customer needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions about business priorities in a fast moving environment
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- Passionate about the web, technology and customer experience.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Prior experience in SaaS
- Project management skills
- Certification for Product Ownership
The ideal candidate;
- Is responsible, proactive, dedicated and opinionated
- An informal, friendly style to match our company culture
Note: This job description sets out key elements and responsibilities of the role and is not exhaustive nor constitutes a contract. Duties may be changed to meet changing needs or circumstances.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining a bit about yourself, and your relevant experience.