A new opportunity has opened to work with Team Wonkhe – UK higher education’s home of policy, people and politics. As we continue to expand and improve our operations and services to UK universities, we are looking for a dynamic Operations Assistant to support the full range of Wonkhe’s work.
Reporting directly to Wonkhe’s Chief Operating Officer, you will be given a wide variety of responsibilities – all critical to the successful running of our organisation. You will take an important role in production of some of the sector’s best and most high profile events – such as our flagship Wonkfest. You’ll help deliver excellent customer service to our subscribers from across the worlds of universities, policymaking, politics and the media. And you’ll play an integral role in virtually every aspect of our business and operations.
Wonkhe is a small team based in central London, we work closely and collaboratively and so we’re looking for someone that is driven, keen to develop and who wants to be part of a successful and dynamic team.
The Operations Assistant is central to the smooth operation of Wonkhe’s processes and systems. As a crucial part of the team, they enable the efficient flow of information and make sure that the team can always perform at its best. We want everything Wonkhe does to be excellent; this role ensures that things go to plan.
Wonkhe’s Operations Assistant will have significant autonomy in their day-to-day work and be responsible for managing and developing a number of systems which support the full range of Wonkhe’s activities. These systems include:
- Events management including our flagship Wonkfest;
- Administration of daily email briefings and customer subscriptions;
- Handling customer service enquiries and developing the customer journey;
- Organising team meetings and management of workflow internally.
The Operations Assistant will also support financial administration and take part in other duties as required.
The role has scope for significant development as Wonkhe’s activities expand.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliability and integrity;
- Positive attitude and professional manner;
- High level of IT competence and ability and desire to learn new systems;
- Commercial awareness.
- Interest in higher education;
- Project management experience.