As we continue to grow we are looking for someone who will support the team and play a crucial role in Team Wonkhe.
Founded in 2011, Wonkhe is the home for people who work in and around universities and anyone interested and engaged in higher education policy, people and politics. Our mission is to improve policymaking in higher education across the UK and lead the national conversation about universities in the UK.
We work with a wide range of organisations in and around higher education that share our goals and support our work. We build connections through our public and private events such as Wonkfest, supply critical intelligence and information services to the sector through our daily briefings and publish a diverse range of voices on Wonkhe.com. We also have a growing number of subscribers to WonkheSUs, our service for students’ unions.
Wonkhe in numbers
1.6m visits to Wonkhe.com each year
c. 37,000 Monday Morning HE Briefing subscribers
c.80,000 listens to our podcast
500+ people attended Wonkfest17
27,000 Twitter followers
c.400 authors and counting have written for Wonkhe.com
Working at Wonkhe
Wonkhe is a small, dynamic and driven team. All the team benefit from flexible working, with a focus on getting tasks done to the highest standard. We are committed to ongoing professional development at Wonkhe and we support individuals to lead their own development plan depending on their needs and interests.
Our values are encapsulated in The Wonkhe Way:
We want to make higher education better for everyone and believe that we can.
Life is too short to do work you don’t enjoy.
Don’t let one tell you something is impossible.
Open your mind and do things differently.
If it’s broken, fix it. If it’s not broken, improve it.
Make it interesting. Everyone likes to have a good time.
Quality is our non-compromising obligation.
Our Operations and Events Assistant is central to the smooth operation and delivery of Wonkhe’s wide range of work. It is a new role, that we anticipate will quickly become a crucial part of the team, enabling the efficient flow of work for the team to always perform at its best. We want everything Wonkhe does to be excellent; this role ensures that it is. This a diverse and varied role, no two days will be the same.
Working in a small, dynamic organisation, this role has scope for significant development as Wonkhe’s activities expand.
- Providing direct support for members of the team in diary management for the CEO/COO/Deputy CEO, arranging team travel and accommodation;
- Preparing and organising documents such as contracts and invoices;
- Booking venues for dinners and events;
- Managing invitations and RSVPs for Wonkhe events;
- Supporting event delivery including for our flagship event Wonkfest;
- Liaising with Wonkhe partners and customers;
- Organising team meetings;
- Ensuring the smooth running of Wonkhe HQ;
- Customer service: responding to email enquiries;
- Other duties as and when required.
We are looking for someone who is super-organised, methodical and looking for a varied and diverse role in a high performing team. Someone who is keen to develop and learn and thrives off delivering to the highest standard.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload including prioritising and reprioritising tasks;
- An organised and methodical approach to work;
- Ability to forge and build successful working relationships;
- A focus on customer service and delivery;
- Happy in a supporting role;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliability and integrity;
- Positive attitude and professional manner;
- Very high level of IT competence and ability and desire to learn new systems.
- Interest in higher education.
- Experience in diary management.
- Experience in events.
Based in Wonkhe’s central London office.
Reporting to Chief Operating Officer.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter or get in touch for an informal conversation.
Don’t delay in applying, we are looking to recruit as soon as we find the right candidate.