Head of Marketing, Communications and Customer Services
The University has a distinguished heritage and an ambitious agenda for the future, ‘Manchester 2020’, which aims to make Manchester one of the world’s leading universities by 2020. This is an exciting opportunity to join the library’s leadership team to share responsibility for the strategic leadership and management of the University Library. As one of only five national research libraries, ours is one of the best-resourced academic libraries in the country. This new role is designed to lead the enhancement of the way in which the Library engages with academic staff, researchers and students of the University and visitors to the John Rylands Library. Our new strategic plan has been approved and will continue to deliver significant organisational change to support the delivery of new priorities, in pursuit of a customer-facing culture.
You’ll lead the Marketing and Communications team (12 staff) in creating and providing effective, relevant and timely communications with the University community, and the Customer Services team (circa 80 staff) in developing and delivering a proactive, innovative customer-focused service. You’ll lead on the promotion of the Library’s unique collections and services, promoting creative and innovative ways to improve the Library’s service to all our customers.
- A skilled, solutions-focused leader in strategic marcomms, employee engagement and change management
- Experience of reputation management and brand integrity
- A positive, motivational leader of large, customer-focused teams
- An effective influencer and relationship-builder who has worked in large and complex organisations and is comfortable leading the delivery of communications across all channels
- Strong analytical skills to interpret qualitive and quantitative data to support new marcomms and customer service initiatives
- Resilient team-player with the drive to succeed and inspire a team to be the best
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 19th February, 2018
For more information and to apply click here.