The Quality Enhancement Directorate is at the heart of Cardiff Met, working in partnership with colleagues in the Schools and Professional Services to make a positive contribution to the experiences of staff and students at the University. Spanning the Quality Assurance provision and the enhancement and development of Teaching and Learning, we play a unique and significant part in shaping policy and progress in line with the University’s Strategic Plans.
We are at an exciting stage of development, offering the right people the opportunity for creativity and professional progression within their role through the transformation of our services. This is an amazing opportunity to join a friendly, energetic team, and to make your mark in Technology Enhanced Learning at a vibrant, fast-developing University.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As our Head of Digital Learning, you will contribute to the University’s strategic plans, leading and delivering the University’s vision for Digital Learning, Design and Teaching, as well as assisting in the leadership and organisation of the Quality Enhancement Directorate (QED).
This is a unique opportunity to lead and manage the development of innovative Digital Learning across Cardiff Metropolitan University, supporting Schools to apply contemporary digital pedagogies in their programme design and delivery in order to enhance the learner journey.
This is a key post that will contribute to the ambitions of the University’s Strategic Plan 2017/18 –2022/23. This post will be responsible and accountable for leading and delivering the University’s vision for Digital Learning, Design and Teaching, and assisting in the leadership and organisation of the Quality Enhancement Directorate (QED).
This will involve:
- Leading and managing the development of innovative Digital Learning across Cardiff Metropolitan, supporting Schools to apply contemporary digital pedagogies in their programme design and delivery to enhance the learner journey across Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Supporting the Director of Learning Enhancement in strategic planning to ensure the delivery of the Student Engagement Strategy and connected enabling strategies.
- Working with key staff in Schools and Professional Services to set up structures and systems to enable the monitoring and reporting of corporate data, action plans and objectives so key performance indicators for learning and teaching and student engagement are met.
- Taking responsibility of change management projects, as determined by the enhancement priorities set by the Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement Committee.
- Promoting and championing the work of QED across the University, partners and externally and deputising for the Director of Learning Enhancement as required.
- Undertaking line management duties of key staff in the QED team, who contribute to the enhancement of digital learning and curriculum design, including recruitment, mentoring, development and undertaking PDRs.
If you have a record of achievement that demonstrates the commitment, aptitude and enthusiasm to contribute to our global learning community through excellent teaching, scholarship, research and innovation, along with a shared passion for our values and vision, we look forward to receiving your application. We are particularly keen to hear from, and to support, applicants who will help develop our research standing and who will enhance the diversity of our university, our community and our partnerships.
This job description is indicative, not prescriptive, and the balance of duties will be in accordance with the contract of employment.
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Dr Joanna Hendy, Director of Learning Enhancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information about working with us at our University please visit our recruitment website.
To apply, please click here.
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
The University is committed to creating a highly inclusive culture. We offer family friendly and flexible working arrangements and a range of staff networks, forums and events to support and develop our people. We warmly welcome applications from those traditionally underrepresented in the higher education sector.