CARDIFF MET STUDENTS’ UNION
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT ENGAGEMENT
We are seeking an inspiring and innovative individual to lead our Student Engagement work at Cardiff Met Students’ Union. We are looking for someone who is passionate about engaging others, creating opportunities and making change. You will be responsible for a team of staff working across a range of student engagement activities and opportunities within the SU. Working with SU staff, Sabbatical Officers and in partnership with the University you will create and enhance opportunities for students to engage in their university experience.
This role requires a proven ability to build partnerships and to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders that will include students, staff and external organisations.
- Working in partnership with the University to ensure student voice is central to enhancement and engagement projects across Cardiff Met. This may include projects such as Student Led Teaching Fellowships and Peer Assisted Learning.
- Line management and leadership of SU Student Engagement team who cover areas such as: student casework, advice and support, employability award and workshops, societies, wellbeing and student life.
- Responsible for the Students’ Unions commitment to the quality assurance and enhancement of Higher Education. This includes responsibility for the SU Annual Report and preparations for external review.
- Supporting the Sabbatical Officer team to deliver student representation across the University and in partnership with academic schools.
- Reviewing and identifying opportunities to enhance SU Student Engagement opportunities. Recording and analysing data on engagement levels, monitoring feedback on SU services and maintaining sector knowledge and networks.
- Leading the SU’s work to develop greater links with community stakeholders and support the Universities civic engagement strategy.
|Educated to First Degree||Essential|
|Previous experience in a Students’ Union or Third Sector organisation||Desirable|
|Proven success managing others||Desirable|
|Proven experience of instigating change||Essential|
|Demonstrable experience of working effectively on own initiative||Essential|
|Experience of managing projects||Essential|
|Understanding of current issues and themes in Higher Education and Students’ Unions||Essential|
|Knowledge of current issues and themes in Students’ Unions – particularly in the areas of representation, advice and student casework, employability and student activities||Essential|
|Knowledge of factors effecting the student experience and engagement in Higher Education||Essential|
|Knowledge of Students’ Unions in relation to relevant legislation and frameworks:||Desirable|
|Able to work within complex organisational structures||Desirable|
|Good coaching and mentoring skills||Desirable|
|Proven ability to problem solve in a constructive manner – particularly in situations requiring the candidate to influence others||Essential|
|Self motivated and self reliant||Essential|
|Skilled in utilising research and interpreting data||Essential|
|IT competent with a working understanding of Microsoft Office||Essential|
|Ability to formulate development plans for services and activities||Desirable|
|Exceptional Interpersonal and Communication Skills (Written and Oral)||Essential|
|Able to create and maintain strong working relationships||Essential|
|Able to lead, empower and engage others in shaping the future||Essential|
|Values and Ethics|
|Desire to work within a democratic student led environment||Essential|
|Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities||Essential|
|Desire to work within an organisation servicing a diverse membership||Essential|
|Demonstrably high standards of personal integrity||Essential|
To apply please follow the link: https://www.cardiffmetsu.co.uk/jobs/vacancy/1641/
To discuss the role in more detail please contact Hannah Reilly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: 3rd and 4th October. Cyncoed Campus
Please be aware that Cardiff Met Students’ Union reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.