Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To support the processes that provide oversight and assurance and enhancement of the University’s academic standards and quality;
- To advise the academic officers on the University’s regulations and the expectations of the Quality Assurance Agency;
- To assist in and report on programme and module approval, modification and re-approval;
- To set up new programmes and modules on the programme database;
- To act as Secretary to committees, panels and boards as required;
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
The post-holder will have the opportunity to develop expertise academic quality management including knowledge and application of the QAA’s UK Quality Code. This area is central to the work of not just universities but any large instituition. In addition the post-holder will develop further their skills of communication and presentation, particularly in relation to senior colleagues and external bodies.
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience required
- Educated to degree or equivalent level qualification, ideally in English or Law;
- An appreciation of governance and decision-making processes, and the management of committees;
- A familiarity with the QAA’s Quality Code;
- Highly organised, efficient, ability to multi-task and organise others;
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to filter information and assess priorities;
- The ability to assimilate detailed information and identify key issues;
- Be able to prioritise and manage your own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods;
- Be able to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise;
- Be able to work under pressure;
- Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Be able to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters, and be able to deliver difficult messages with diplomacy and tact;
- Be confident and able to work on your own initiative and with limited supervision.
For information and to apply click here