About the role
The Manager, Academic Strategy provides professional services support for the effective development, implementation and review of academic strategy and associate policies and plans, in response to external drivers, institutional strategy and academic and student performance measures.
The post-holder is located in the Academic Strategy Support Team in the Strategy Office, that provides professional support to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive – Academic (VCE-A) management group.
The post-holder works with academic leads, project teams and stakeholders to plan, monitor and report on institutional projects and manage associated risks on behalf of the Head of Academic Strategy.
- Works with senior members of the Academic Strategy Support Team to support the development and implementation of academic strategy and policy initiatives.
- Through the appropriate use of project management tools and methodologies, provides the structure for collaborative and accountable delivery of assigned academic strategy objectives.
- Plans, monitors and reports the progress of assigned academic strategy projects and related institutional initiatives, identifying dependencies and risks and agreeing appropriate routes for escalation and resolution.
- Works with senior members of the team to build strong internal networks, identifying stakeholder engagement needs in relation to specific project activity, and taking responsibility for planning stakeholder engagement on assigned projects.
- Provides secretariat support and documentation for project governance, and for management and advisory groups that operate on behalf of VCE Academic to oversee direction and implementation of academic strategy.
- Co-ordinates review and development of institutional policy and process as necessary to support academic strategy. Facilitates the evaluation of options, undertaking research and analysis, assimilating and synthesising information and views to inform decision-making.
- Participate actively as a member of the Academic Strategy Support Team, contributing to the delivery of team objectives and the development of a professional and collaborative working culture.
Skills and experience
- Educated to degree level of equivalent professional qualification
- Well-developed ICT skills and experience of using IT tools to support effective management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels, demonstrating discretion and strong negotiation and influencing skills
- An ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary, cross-unit, or cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent research, analytical and planning skills with the ability to assimilate information from multiple sources and stakeholders
- Excellent written, oral and online communication skills with ability to lead, as well as contribute to, informal and formal discussions.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work to tight and/or changing deadlines.
- Evidence of appetite for continuing professional development and reflection.
For information and how to apply please click here