We’re here to create and harness knowledge, to deliver opportunity for everyone.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Support Officer to join the Directorate Executive Support Team at Edge Hill University. Through support of Directorate members, you will play a critical role in the delivery of the University’s strategic priorities.
In order to support Directorate members in delivering the aims and objectives in their portfolio, a broad range of activities will be required. In summary, you will support Directorate in translating policy into practice by deploying effective project leadership and a range of strategic support services which make a significant contribution to evidence-based decision making. The main thematic focus for your work will be: Student Satisfaction, Retention and Outcomes.
For informal enquiries about this vacancy, you may wish to contact: Lana Orr, Head of Directorate Office at Lana.Orr@edgehill.ac.uk
As Strategic Support Officer, you will:
- Pride yourself on your work ethic, personal integrity and positive attitude in the workplace.
- Be pro-active and enthusiastic with a commitment to higher education and delivering an exceptional and well-rounded strategic support offer. You will enjoy working in a fast-moving, policy influenced environment and have, or are committed to developing, a track record of delivering successful outcomes on an organisation-wide scale.
- Be a confident project leader and enjoy all aspects of project leadership from the design stage to evaluation and monitoring.
- Enjoy working as part of a team, as well as using your own initiative, to provide outstanding strategic support to members of Directorate.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and use these to work collaboratively with colleagues across the institution to deliver measurable and impactful outcomes.
- Be confident in liaising with senior internal and external stakeholders and appreciate how to deal with sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Be a good networker and credible in representing the University on internal and external groups and committees. You will be prepared to travel on University business as required.
At Edge Hill University we value the benefits a rich and diverse workforce brings to our community and therefore welcome applications from all sections of society.
Rewards & Benefits
- A minimum of 38 days annual leave per annum (inclusive of bank holiday and University closure days)
- Discounted membership to our onsite state-of-the-art sport and leisure facilities
- Staff benefits scheme, which provides you with discounts across the high street, supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, dining out and more
- A wide range of development programmes to enhance your career
- Beautiful award-winning on-campus working environment
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme with our employer contribution of 16.3%
At Edge Hill University we believe in the life changing opportunities knowledge can create.
Today, the effect we have has a far-reaching impact, not just for those who come to study here but for those who work, invest in, and live in our local communities too. So, if you’ve ever wondered if one person can make a difference, simply speak to our alumni, students, and award-winning staff.
Because for us education isn’t about how much you take in. It’s about what you take out into the world.
Inspiring minds and changing futures since 1885, Edge Hill University is “A great success story… an institution that improves and impresses year after year” – Times Higher Education.
Closing Date: Sunday 27 November 2022